Bitter Bill Bitter Bill

Some classy moments, but...

Like the dude below me said, you have some issues with pacing.

The gestures and frame-by-frame stuff are brilliant in this animation. Nice sense of flavour.

The pace of the thing though, along with the very sleepy background music, kind of make it drag along in parts.

I say take the brilliant bits and expand them into a full animation in that style.

Slackman responds:

Yeah, I realized the pacing issues. Live and learn, right?

Brilliant? Hey, I'll take it!

I'll consider expanding it, but I think I'm gonna tool with some new stuff first. Thanks for the advice though!

The_Weekend The_Weekend

It'd get you a great mark, but...

...it's kind of ugly to look at. You demonstrate some solid Flash skills, and I'd mark you high as a teacher/assessor, but it lacks the polish of a high-scoring NewGrounds submission.

Lots of potential, and a good start, but you still have a ways to go in refining your art. Things like disappearing text on buildings, cars driving over elements of a background they should be driving under, etc. really take away from what is a solid little narrative.

brokenfridgehinge responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I am still learning flash and all the drawing tools so my next submission should look more polished than this one.

Xi Yu XI Xi Yu XI

Nice work

Great illustrations, nice sense of action.

Animation played smoothly for me. For those for whom it doesn't, I'd recommend setting the Flash quality to "medium".

Two little niggles for me were the "earth splitting" animation (bits of flying sod, etc. would've made the effect more convincing) and the note in the intro about the old TV show being called "Monkey Magic". The English title was just "Monkey". Everyone just thinks it was called "Monkey Magic" because of the opening theme song.

Really slick Flash though. Nicely done!

Imp-beast responds:

Thank you very much that really cheered me up , and you are correct
I get that mixed up with teh Godeigo song, nice tid bit is that the guy who plays Goku in the old show went on to play rock and later started his own business.
I think it was a record label.

Powerful Mind Powerful Mind

You credit music?

But there isn't any...

This is kind of interesting, but not particularly sophisticated. Keep at it, though.

The Crazy Frog Song The Crazy Frog Song

Don't you realise how many people hate this sh*t?

Everyone with a brain hates the crazy frog.

Furthermore, there is already an annoying animated clip for this song, if I'm not mistaken.

Finally, this is an incredibly lazy effort. 1 point under "Graphics" for tracing the frog itself.

NAFC NAFC

So this is what gets the high ratings on NG?

Come on, people. Steal the graphics from a couple of vintage games, throw in some expletives, and you've got yourself a winning submission? That said, I have always wanted to shoot that bloody dog from Duck Hunt...

Still, Flash has a sh*tload more potential than these types of submissions would indicate.

Afimation Afimation

The music makes this unwatchable

The concept is great, and you can obviously draw, but I just couldn't sit through it... That song is awful. Sorry. Maybe I should turn down the volume and watch it again... I gave it a 1 for sound because it is what you'd have to call a structured piece of music... Just a godawful one.

LaRJ responds:

i spose not everyone likes AFI and thats ok i spose..but i like them, and thats all that counts or is it?
lol

The Tooth The Tooth

Love your warped style!

The animation is as rough as guts, and the scream sample you used is crap, but the music's well chosen and the drawing style is cool and unique! Love the style - it's very individual and interesting. Good job!

Leave It To Bush #003 Leave It To Bush #003

Clever stuff

Nice work, particularly with fusing all those sound bites together! Could've done a little more with Samuel L. Jackson, though, I thought, particularly given the current post-Katrina world context. A couple of different "camera angles" on the Christopher Walken show would've been nice, too, rather than just going in for the close two-shot to create the appearance of different angles. Don't know what the last reviewer was on about, though. This kept ME watching!