Bitter Bill Bitter Bill

Some classy moments, but...

Like the dude below me said, you have some issues with pacing.

The gestures and frame-by-frame stuff are brilliant in this animation. Nice sense of flavour.

The pace of the thing though, along with the very sleepy background music, kind of make it drag along in parts.

I say take the brilliant bits and expand them into a full animation in that style.

Slackman responds:

Yeah, I realized the pacing issues. Live and learn, right?

Brilliant? Hey, I'll take it!

I'll consider expanding it, but I think I'm gonna tool with some new stuff first. Thanks for the advice though!

The_Weekend The_Weekend

It'd get you a great mark, but...

...it's kind of ugly to look at. You demonstrate some solid Flash skills, and I'd mark you high as a teacher/assessor, but it lacks the polish of a high-scoring NewGrounds submission.

Lots of potential, and a good start, but you still have a ways to go in refining your art. Things like disappearing text on buildings, cars driving over elements of a background they should be driving under, etc. really take away from what is a solid little narrative.

brokenfridgehinge responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I am still learning flash and all the drawing tools so my next submission should look more polished than this one.

Xi Yu XI Xi Yu XI

Nice work

Great illustrations, nice sense of action.

Animation played smoothly for me. For those for whom it doesn't, I'd recommend setting the Flash quality to "medium".

Two little niggles for me were the "earth splitting" animation (bits of flying sod, etc. would've made the effect more convincing) and the note in the intro about the old TV show being called "Monkey Magic". The English title was just "Monkey". Everyone just thinks it was called "Monkey Magic" because of the opening theme song.

Really slick Flash though. Nicely done!

Imp-beast responds:

Thank you very much that really cheered me up , and you are correct
I get that mixed up with teh Godeigo song, nice tid bit is that the guy who plays Goku in the old show went on to play rock and later started his own business.
I think it was a record label.

Pondskater Pondskater

Pretty cool, but...

...a change of scenery every now and then, beyond simply changing the location of the lily pad, would be nice. Also, it's a little odd that your "pondskater" can float straight over the bee hive.

As a practical tip, it's good to put an invisible shape behind your text buttons so that people don't have to click specifically on the letters to access a menu item.

Other than the above, this is a pretty solid, enjoyable little game.

jimmy in limbo jimmy in limbo

Work of art!

Awesome design in all respects, learning curve just challenging enough to make it quite addictive... Just feels and looks spectacular!

Great work.

Dirk Dagger Dirk Dagger

Reminiscent of Sam & Max

Don't worry about all these reviews by people who obviously never played any of the classic adventure games, because this is really reminiscent of them. It particularly reminds me of Sam & Max.

Some voices would be the icing on the cake.

dirkdagger responds:

Thanks Kennsj! It is for people like you I make games.